Open links in new window
PURETICS...

PURETICS...


Interesting Findings And World Unfolding Through My Eyes.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Man With Open Mouth

I like and dislike at the same time Mr.Amar Singh ,like because his straight replies and dislikes because he thinks only he is clean and what other say or speak have bad motive.I also dislike his publicity hungry gimimeck.
IBN took interview of him.Here is excerpt:
In Uttar Pradesh, the heat and dust generated by battle-ready politicians will cloud the people's lives for all of next month. Everyday, a rally is held and visitors literally fall from the sky. Today it’s the turn of Amar Singh, the ruling Samajwadi Party’s General Secretary and friends of the rich and the famous. The overwhelmingly male Thakur audience is the last one on his list for the day.


Anuradha SenGupta: When I see you in functions in Mumbai, when I see you in Delhi, it seems like this world is very far away, isn’t it? This birth, caste-based identity – that is another world you belong to and this is another world – do you feel comfortable in this world?


Amar Singh: I was born and brought up in Calcutta, where the difference is more ideological – Left or Right. Or at the most, it is football based – you are a Mohun Bagan supporter or East Bengal supporter. And inter-caste marriages used to be – long time back – there. Initially when I came and started politics over here, all of a sudden I realised the identity of my caste and community. The name ‘Thakur’ was given to me – this adjective is not self-acquired. If they are coming forward, mainly on the basis of you belonging to one community or caste, you possibly can’t shun them out – at the most you have to educate them.


Anuradha SenGupta: Do you feel more of a insider when are you here, you know, in a small town, dust, heat…?


Amar Singh: I am misunderstood because nobody cares to come and cover these meetings, where I spend most of my time. If once I will be seen with my elder brother Mr Bachchan or my would be daughter-in-law Aishwarya, that will hit the headline of the national newspapers.

Posted by Ajay :: 9:57 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

 

http:// googlea0b0123eb86e02a9.html