Open links in new window
PURETICS...

PURETICS...


Interesting Findings And World Unfolding Through My Eyes.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Do We Possess Our Souls?

It is tragic how few people ever ‘possess their souls’ before they die… Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.. —- Oscar Wilde

I love to take something like Oscar said and start digging in it . I believe what Heidegger said… I think it was something like “Existential analysis has the character of doing violence, whether to the claims of everyday interpretation or to its complacency and tranquilized obviousness…” So get ready Oscar….

I am not quite sure how I cannot be the Other. The only examples of not being others are those stories of children who are brought up by wolves, none of them I believe survive well once they discover the Others…. All of us are trapped in the Others. It can be argued that even original thoughts are not original, they are built on some thought before or some connections someone made due to life experiences, some finding of one kind or another. I can imagine a 21st century teenager dropping by in to a day in the 1st. century, now there would be an original human…..

I am guessing Oscar is just frustrated with something… maybe he is watching the rest of us and believes we can do more to “claim our souls” — I would like to ask him what does a human like that look like? What does his/her days look like? Or maybe Oscar is just upset with himself… some standard he possibly set up for himself. Or maybe he showed up for himself - at the moment he said this - as a human “not good enough.” Well that is what being here is all about…. Not being good enough… We all have our projects.

We don’t have a choice Oscar… we are stuck being the Other, at best, another version or a newer one. I say enjoy it anyway.. nothing wrong with being the Other…

Posted by Ajay :: 6:11 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

 

http:// googlea0b0123eb86e02a9.html