Open links in new window
PURETICS...

PURETICS...


Interesting Findings And World Unfolding Through My Eyes.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Vodka Effect

SYDNEY, FEB 16: A man who caught a 1.3-metre (4-foot) shark with his bare hands off an Australian beach said on Friday he only tried the feat because he was drunk on vodka.
Bricklayer Phillip Kerkhof was fishing for squid with a few friends off a jetty at Louth Bay, a town on South Australia state’s Eyre Peninsula, on Monday night when he spotted the bronze whaler shark swimming in the shallows, the Australian Broadcasting Corp reported.
“I just snuck up behind him, and eventually I went for the big grab and I fluked it and got him,” Kerkhof said.
“He was just thrashing around in the water...starting to turn around and try to bite me and I thought ‘well, it’s amazing what vodka does,’” Kerkhof said. “When I sobered up I thought about it and I said, ‘I’m a bit of an idiot for doing it.’” As he wrestled it onto the jetty, the shark bit a hole in Kerkhof’s jeans but all he suffered was a slight scratch. More.

Posted by Ajay :: 6:08 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------

 

http:// googlea0b0123eb86e02a9.html